Online Live Permaculture
Get Certified in Only 6-Months
with Stephen Brooks & Penny Livingston
Join the Permaculture Revolution!
Gain access to top-leading experts, so you can
turn your dreams into reality & be part of the
Learn with world-leading visionary teachers, and be part of the global redesign, in this 72-hour Permaculture Design Certification course.
Inside This Internationally Recognized Program:
- 72 Hours of Expert Training
- 2 Weekly Live Sessions with Expert Teachers & Professionals
- Weekly Happy-Half Hours to connect with Global Classmates & Teachers
- Design Feedback from Teachers with over 30+ Years of Experience
- Exposure to an International Network of 15,000 Earth Workers.
- A Community of bad-ass, heat-centered, classmates who are looking for you too!
- Ability to create new streams of income for yourself, plus legally use the word “permaculture” in your business and teaching activities.
- Grow with a community of people who share the same vision.
Last Chance to Enroll!
Enrollment Closes Dec 6th at 11:59PM/EST.
This program only opens twice a year!
To ensure we keep this class in integrity, there is limited space in this program. Enroll now to reserve your spot.
We are in times of great change...
For the first time in our lives, our internal and external worlds are in question; covid 19 has asked us to consider who we are and what we stand for.
Are we living in community or in silo, do we vote for change or let change happen, is our voice heard or muffled? Do we ignore climate change or be part of the solution, do we buy, use, live and act consciously or unconsciously? Does our ‘work’ light us up or leave us drained? Are we happy, or unhappy?
Permaculture is an emergent path forward. Imagine this...
- You’re completely lit up by your desire to be in service to creating a healthier planet. And you know exactly how you’re going to contribute.
- Your dreams of making the world a better place now have a plan of action behind them.
- You feel confident and secure in your skills and knowledge, and you happily share what you know with those who are ready to listen.
- You feel activated to go out into your community and envolve people in your big vision.
- You never worry about having access to clean & healthy food and water, because you’ve set up the self-sufficient systems to have an endless supply.
- You’re surrounded by a community of people who share the same vision, and you’ve never felt more supported than you do now.
That feels so much better, right?
This isn’t a pipe dream. It’s our reality and that of thousands of our students around the world. And it can be yours too. Permaculture gives you all the tools – you just have to decide.
Create The World You Dream Of
Permaculture Design Systems offer you the tools to transform your inner and outer world.
Learn from the best teachers in the world, with over 100 years combined experience.
Create New Means Of Prosperity
Open up new pathways and opportunities to thrive off the gifts of the Earth as you share your big vision with the world.
Build Lasting Confidence
Develop the self-trust and reliance necessary to know that you will always be safe and supported no matter what is happening in the world around you.
Design Your Dream Life
Learn all the tools you need to start designing and living your eco-conscious dream life.
Permaculture provides you with the toolkit
to create the world you dream of living in.
Learn today the skills we will need tomorrow for our communities and families to thrive.
- In this internationally recognized certification program, you will gain the tools and knowledge you need to design self-sustaining systems for your property or anyone else’s.
- It gives you the tools to redesign your life, as well as your garden. Your dreams of making the world a better place will have a plan of action behind them!
- It will teach you how to grow your food and your relationships.
- It will foster the right balance of self-reliance and community mindset. From compost to renewable energy, mushrooms to bees, the curriculum will teach you about the earth, ecosystems, community and yourself.
- It will equip you practically for the very real challenges of our future
- Enable you to create new streams of income for yourself, plus you will be legally entitled to use the word “permaculture” in your business and teaching activities.
- Establish a career & lifestyle that you’re in control of. One that benefits your mental health, and YOU benefit the planet.
- To grow with a community of people who share the same vision.
- Be guided to complete a real-life permaculture design project with up to six of your peers. If your plan is chosen, you will have the support of your cohort to vision for 6-full months!
Course Modules & Schedule
Dates: Dec 7, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Tuesdays at 7PM EST & Thursdays at 1 PM EST Online
Class Format: Each class is designed for optimal online learning & community engagement. Class is structured into a 1.5 hour lecture, broken up by classroom breakouts and ends with happy half hour where students can ask questions, share & connect.
*All sessions are recorded & will be forever accessible to you.
Introduction to Permaculture & Site Analysis
- Ethics and Principles
- Local Ecosystems
- Zone and Sector Analysis
- Ecological Design Principles
- Cultural Domains
- Philosophy & History
Water, Soil, Plants & Bioremediation
- Climates, Biogeography and Microclimates
- The Home System
- Earthworks: Water & Soil
- Patterns and Pattern Application
- Risk of Climatic Extremes
- Conceptual Design
Herbalism, Propogation & Natural Building
- Animals & Aquaculture
- Integrated Pest Management
- Botany & Propagation
- Polycultures & Food Gardens
- Medicine Gardens
- Natural Building
Structures, Energy & Urban Design
- International Permaculture
- Urban & Suburban Permaculture
- Water Management
- Renewable Energy
Economics, Community & Invisible Structures
- Design for Invisible Structures
- Economic Systems
- Land Access
- Design for Function & Design for Disaster
- Natural Building vs. Green Building
Eco-villages, Design Projects and Presentations
- Economic Systems in Design
- Eco-village and Neighborhood Design
- Intentional Community Building
- Permaculture Scene & Network
- Design Projects and Presentations
- Peer Review
Meet Your Teachers
Stephen Brooks Course Leader
Stephen Brooks has been living for the past 25 years in Costa Rica and is a world leader in creating thriving ecological communities, promoting permaculture practices, and fostering sustainable food production models. He is the co-founder of Ecoversity and Punta Mona Center for Regenerative Design & Botanical Studies. In 2006, Stephen co-founded and developed La Ecovilla, a 45 home community in San Mateo, Costa Rica. His most recent addition is Alegria Village, which neighbors La Ecovilla.
Penny Livingston Course Leader
Penny has been teaching internationally and working professionally in the land management, regenerative design & permaculture development fields for 30 years and has extensive experience in all phases of ecological design and construction using natural non-toxic building materials. She is a co-founder of the Regenerative Design Institute. She is also a certified instructor from the Permaculture Institute of North America and Permaculture Institute USA.
Plus Incredible Guest Teachers
Co-Originator of Permaculture
David is globally recognized as a leading ecological thinker, teacher, writer and speaker, promoting permaculture as a realistic, attractive and powerful alternative to dependent consumerism.
12-time Author, Activist, & Permaculture Teacher
Starhawk is the author of thirteen books on earth-based spirituality & activism, including The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups, on group dynamics and social permaculture.
Herbalist, Author & the Founder of United Plant Savers & Traditional Medicinals
Rosemary has been practicing, teaching and writing about herbs for over 45 years. She founded the United Plant Savers and in 2018 was awarded an Honorary Doctorate for her life work from the National University of Naturopathic Medicine.
Wildlife Biologist & Restoration Ecologist
Brock is a co-director of OAEC’s Permaculture/Resilient Community Design Program, Wildlands Program and the WATER Institute. He has co-facilitated over 60+ Permaculture Design Certificate Courses since 1995.
Urban Permaculture Specialist
Deva has been teaching permaculture for a decade with experience in diverse climates and a particular focus on urban design. He has spoken in many international permaculture conferences, gives teacher trainings, Advance Courses, and professional design work.
Co-Founder of Alegria Village
Kara is a brand strategist and entrepreneur, committed to designing and supporting regenerative business models. She thrives in launching businesses, community-building, and utilizing her commitment to ecosystem regeneration to co-create Alegría Village.
Integrative Eco-Social Designer
Itai has been working with Permaculture Design, Restorative Agro-Ecology and Water Retention Landscapes for decades through global landscapes. His rich experience draws from techniques applied on drylands, warm temperate, subtropical and humid tropical climates.
Disaster Relief Specialist
Mike creates spaces and has designed everything from environmental nightclubs to a global network of freespaces. Now, he focuses on the global human migration crisis. He sets up alternatives to traditional refugee camps where the refugees lead in design and implementation of the space.
& many more surprise guests!
Enrollment Closes Soon!
Enrollment Closes Dec, 6 at 11:59PM/EST for Fall Semester 🍂
This program ONLY OPENS twice a year!
- 72 Hour Live Online Instruction with World-Leading Teachers & Guest Speakers
- Lifetime Access To Course Materials
- Supporting Learning Materials
- Private Facebook Access
- Online Graduation
- BONUS: Ecopreneurship Workshop with Alexa Rosenthal, Ecoversity Co-Founder & CEO
Enrollment Closes Very Soon!
Last Chance to Enroll for Fall Semester is Dec, 6th at 11:59PM/EST.
This program ONLY OPENS twice a year!
“This isn’ some ethereal – new age education, it’s practical wisdom in life stewardship. This is a Revolution disguised as Farming. Permaculture is more than growing food and composting. It’s how to thrive – together.”
– Dylan Agnello, | Denver, Colorado
Past Student Design Projects
We’ve taught students from over 27 countries around the world. To graduate, each student must complete a design project. Together with your classmates, you will develop a design for a REAL-life land project.
Marta Libera is one of 35 approved projects for our Summer 2020 Class, & her vision is from the Sacred Valley of Peru 🇵🇪
Free Permaculture Class:
Take a peek inside the classroom with this free sample class with Stephen Brooks, Founder of Alegria Village, Ecovilla & Puna Mona & Penny Livingston, internationally recognized permaculture teacher, designer, and speaker.
What You Get Inside the Permaculture Design Certification:
Live Online Instruction
Learn from world-renowned experts, Penny Livingston & Stephen Brooks, during weekly live video instruction with plenty of Q&A time.
Your live classes will be recorded and stored on our student learning platform, so you’ll have access to the content for life.
Connect with a global community of like-minded visionaries. During these trying times, having a community who supports your vision for the world is truly priceless.
Everything that you need to make the most of your Permaculture Design Certification including presentations, resources, and learn-along guides.
Private Facebook Access
Access to your group’s unique private online community where you can ask teachers questions, connect to classmates, and fuel your growth.
Receive expert feedback from your teachers so you can bring your learnings into life with confidence.
Our Classroom Stronger
For every 10 Paying students Ecoversity sponsors the tuition of 1 student that identifies as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or Person of Color). If eligible for our scholarship program, please apply here.
For every course we donate $1.11 to United Plant Savers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Permaculture Design Certificate?
Who should take this course?
Will Stephen & Penny be available to answer my questions?
Will this course help me with new employment opportunities?
Do I need prior experience in permaculture, agriculture, farming, or design to join this class?
What is a Permaculture Mindset?
I want to take the class but I can't afford it.
What is the biggest takeaway from this course?
What sets the Ecoversity education apart & why this price?
A Note From Stephen & Penny ....
“This is just the way it is,” is something that we’d often find ourselves thinking. But Penny & I were really worried about the state of the planet. Things were starting to look pretty grim 25 years ago, and we had a feeling they were only going to get worse as time went on.
We both realized that we couldn’t sit back and do nothing. We couldn’t sit back and watch the planet degrade more quickly than we could restore it.
So we jumped off the cliff and landed right smack in the middle of the permaculture movement and never looked back. We hope you’ll take the jump with us.